Votes

Face Recognition

Face Recognition
Face Recognition
2023-11-16 12:30:25 - last edited a week ago
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Tapo person detection is better than others.

For upcoming Tapo AI Cameras, they should have Face Recognition to identify family members, the person detect algorithms is good so Face Recognition can depends on person detection to analyze the face. 
What happens when there is a intruder but the cams is not in armed state?
The cam can identify human beings, but they won't give notifications or sound off the siren because it's outside the arming schedule that we set.
But face recognition can solve this, when a family member face is identified, the cam won't give notification or trigger the siren. Reversely, when an intruder enters the camera view, their face won't match with all our family members face, then a notification is sent to the phone, and the siren starts to work.
Conclusion
Face Recognition would be a nice feature if it is added to the upcoming Tapo products, as they are more convenient, works adaptively without needed to be set in a schedule.
Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Face Recognition
2023-11-17 07:09:21

@NguyenKhoi 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@NguyenKhoi ye this is what I like about Wyze cameras. Really regretting my choice to change up with Tapo. 

Options
a week ago

@SmartUserTech 

I think we'll get this feature since it's needed to keep up with the ones that has face recognition 

If implemented the Tapo cameras would be hard to beat. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 1434

Replies: 3

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters