Stuck updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Stuck updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Stuck updating firmware
Stuck updating firmware
2023-06-14 22:34:21
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 220922

Today I recieved my my new Tapo C225 from Amazon, after configuring it I initiated a firmware update.

Initially the firmware upgraded appeared to be progress as the indicator light was blinking green.

It has now been a good few hours and the camera is still blinking green and unavailable in the app.

The user guide explicitly stated not to power the device off while updating but I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm not sure what the new version was.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Stuck updating firmware
2023-06-15 09:57:33

@Mischif93 

Hi,
Generally, the updating process won't take a few hours. You can turn off the camera, wait for two minutes, and turn it back on, then check if it will work again.

If the LED remains blinking green, try to press and hold on the reset button for 10s to reset it, and if you can reset it successfully, please reconfigure it via the Tapo app.

If the LED has no changes after reset, please refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked or doesn't respond to a factory reset?

If any other problem phenomenon, please describe it in detail.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 1

Related Articles