Tapo C320WS - White Light Brightness Not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-24 13:36:08
Tags: #Excessive Brightness Day Time
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3

During the day time, there is excessive white light captured by the camera. Tried to adjust brightness by "White Light Brightness" but not taking any affect from scale 1 to 5. Night time video is perfect. Tried different setting such as day mode and auto mode but not any luck.

Please advice. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS - White Light Brightness Not working
2023-03-27 06:54:00

@Prasad1 

Hello! The white light mode is mainly used for fill light in low-light scenes (especially night mode). According to your description, it looks like the ambient light is too strong during the day causing the camera to be exposed, can you share a screenshot here when the camera is in daytime mode?

We suggest you try to adjust the camera position to avoid exposure problems caused by strong light (especially direct light).

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-27 07:08:57

Thanks @Wayne-TP  for your response,

Please find the below screen shot with red circled having excessive white light. Basically, it is front road which has extra white brightness.

Below is in Auto Mode during day time:

Below one is in day mode enabled:

Please advice.

Options
2023-03-28 02:54:45

@Prasad1 

Hello, thank you for the reply. This looks like a problem caused by the strong sunlight outside the fence.

Due to the large area of the wall and the fence, it is difficult for the camera to capture this small area outside clearly when the light is strong. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-29 05:02:18

Thanks @Wayne-TP for your observations,

There are few things which are still not making sense here,

1. Even it is early morning when sunlight has not reached over the road, excessive brightness problem occur. During morning and evening there is no strong sunlight or brightness though camera picture quality is not perfect.

2. I checked neighbors using other brand of CCTV camera and at same angle they all are getting better vision and sunlight has no impact on picture quality.

Next step I am taking to visit service center for thorough diagnostic or possible replacement.

Options
2023-04-04 02:05:26

@Prasad1 

Do you know what's the brand and model of your neighbor's camera? Can you provide a picture of its liveview image here for comparison? What's the image quality?

Honestly, due to the differences in product specification, image parameters, and shooting environment/angle, the camera imaging will certainly be different. However, I should admit that such feedback is definitely helpful and informative for our product improvement. The team will perform more tests and investigations on it if you can share the information of the camera.

Options
2023-04-04 03:58:23

Thanks @Wayne-TP for coming back to my queries,

Most of my neighbors are using CP PLus brand CCTV cameras which has around 2 to 4 MP resolution. They have feature to adjust the brightness (WDR) to adjust picture quality during different light conditions. Regarding getting the live picture snapshot from neighbors, considering it is going to open forum they have their own concerns and reluctant to share over public domain. However, they are happy to show to technician visiting for inspection.

I have been in touch with Tapo technician for over one month and tried options suggested. Eventually, Tapo technical support team have recommended for replacement, which is in progress.

I will update once I receive the replacement which they mentioned will take 3-4 weeks timeframe.

Thanks again for your prompt response and observation to my queries.

Options
2023-04-06 10:05:46

@Prasad1 

Thank you for the reply. The feature that supports WDR can make a quite big difference in camera imaging. As a home product, the Tapo C320WS does not support adjusting the image/video property. If you prefer this feature, you may consider the VIGI camera

As you're in the warranty process already, we would also like to hear the feedback on the replacement, any feedback will be appreciated. smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1123

Replies: 7

Tags

Excessive Brightness Day Time
Related Articles