Tapo P100 P110 scene Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 12:31:10
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 221114 Rel. 203339

Hi,

I've been using my P100 & P110 smart plugs with Alexa with no issues, but when I made a scene within the tapo app to link both plugs together so I can turn them both on and off at the same time, Alexa will only turn them ON.  When I ask to turn the scene off it states 'Scene doesn't support that!'.  But I can turn it off within the Tapo app or through the widget on my iPad.  I can turn the plugs off individually with Alexa, just not through the scene with Alexa.

Any help or advice would be grateful

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 P110 scene Alexa
2023-01-30 12:00:41

Hi  @roydz 

Thank you for posting. Did you setup the scenes in the Alexa APP? Or do you refer to the smart action feature (shortcut& automation) in the Tapo APP?

Please share some screenshots of your setup here if possible. 

Can you tell me what's the exact voice command you use? Such as "Alexa, turn off the scene." "Alexa, turn off Tapo scene.", etc

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-01-30 12:11:09

@Wayne-TP Thank you for the reply.

I setup the scene via the smart tab within the Tapo app.  Alexia then detected the scene and added it to her skills.

This is how I've got the scene setup within the Tapo app.  I then ask Alexa, Alexa turn Ender On.... which she does... then I ask her .. Alexa turn Ender off.. which she then refuses.

Options
2023-02-02 10:19:44

@roydz 

Thank for the reply. Can you try to rename it for a test? It looks like an issue with the Alexa voice command since the control over Tapo APP works, and it only happens when you try to turn this scene off. It is recommended to contact the Alexa support, see if they have any suggestion. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 3

Related Articles