Tapo C310: False Detection on passing vehicle in night mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-21 21:39:50
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

Hello,

A potion of the surveillance area has a road with vehicles passing by. In night mode, even thought the road area has not been marked as a motion/intrusion detection zone, with every vehicle passing and bugs flying by, I am getting notifications. There are no humans passing by.  

Kindly help. 

Regards

File:
Tapo_C310v2.MP4Download
Options
6 Reply
Re:Tapo C310: False Detection on passing vehicle in night mode.
2021-11-24 17:57:21

Any updates, please?

Options
2021-11-26 18:36:41

@solla-topee can you please advice?

Options
2021-11-27 12:05:41

@Solla-topee Is there any other input required from my side? 

Options
2021-11-29 02:18:40 - last edited 2021-11-29 02:19:46

Hello @AMEHTA 

Really appreciated for the video clip provided, sorry I overlooked your case before. 

The change of light e.g. moving car light in camera image or some movement like bushes in the wind are image changes will be considered as movement and trigger video clip. 

However I notice something unusual in your video clip, 1. the  obvious light spot crossing Live view (circled in purple)  if something is in front of camera, try to remove it first and see if that helps   2. You may also exclude the car light area circled in red 

3. if you subscribed for Tapo care, turn on Person Detection.  I hope this helps!

Options
2021-11-29 09:48:45

@Solla-topee 

Thank you very much for looking into this and your response!

In #2, you suggested to exclude the area marked in red. As you can see in the images shared before, the area highlighted has already been excluded from intrusion detection and yet the alert is being raised. 

#3: I guess Tapo care has not been enabled for my location (India) can you please confirm it's availability so that I can decide upon that?

kind regards!

Options
2021-11-29 11:55:35

Hello @AMEHTA 

You are right about #2.  Later if you could remove the light spot #1, and camera still triggers a clip, when car passing by, can you use Tapo APP to manually record video clip and share the triggered clip? Thank you 

#3 We had a plan to release Tapo Care in different countries, I was told that would not take long, but the Tapo Care available date is not something known to us,  I recommended keeping an eye on Tapo care here :

https://www.tp-link.com/tapocare/  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1692

Replies: 6

Related Articles