Backup files for the Tapo App

Thursday
Model: Tapo C720  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hello,

Unfortunately last week, I did a re-boot by pressing the reset button on one of my cameras.  Somehow via a glitch, that camera was deleted from the Tapo App for Android.  I had many customised settings that were lost and I had to install the camera again and redo all those setting.

I have made a backup of the Tapo App this time to the SD Card, but I'm not sure I have the correct files.  In the Backup directory are these files:

Are these correct to re-install the app with my settings?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Backup files for the Tapo App
23 hours ago

@WSC4 

I'm not sure how your phone implements the app backup function and what the actual effect is. But generally speaking, under normal network conditions, when a smart device is deleted from the Tapo app, it has been factory reset. At this time, the camera LED status changes as it is being reset and returned to the setup state. Previous configurations are being removed and cannot be restored by reinstalling the app. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Backup files for the Tapo App
19 hours ago

@Wayne-TP 

I have no knowledge of the Android operating system.  I have installed 2 backup apps to try because my phone's factory backup program is old and does not function correctly now.  I never use it.  The backup apps have a restore feature, but I have not used it yet; hope I don't.  I would be pretty disappointed if this did not work. I have asked their support about this 3 times but no reply. It does not matter and I'll run the gauntlet.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 57

Replies: 2

Related Articles