C420 not working shows solid red

Thursday - last edited 6 hours ago
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Recently my modem has crashed and they have replaced it. Tried to reconnect all the C420S2 cameras i had for outdoors except one. It does not reset, does not connect to the hub and there is a solid red showing on the camera.  I have recharged the battery as at some point showed that it was 'dead', tried to reconnect again but had the same issues.  The strange thing is that while trying to re-set them it looked to me that the cam was recording as the 2 dots kept scanning and showing the 2 red lights. The cameras were bought from Amazon a few months ago and were only installed in August. I have contacted the seller via Amazon and waiting for a response.  What can i do in the meantime to try and resolve the issue?  I will be going overseas for a couple weeks and would like to try and get it fixed. If not i will have a blind spot outside.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C420 not working shows solid red-Solution
6 hours ago - last edited 6 hours ago

@S_CY_83 

Look likes the device may become brick and requires a warranty. Typically, retailers have an obligation to offer after-sales support for the products they sell. You may want to review the service terms from your purchase and reach out to them again for clarification.

Or you may contact the local TP-Link support for assistance.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C420 not working shows solid red
Yesterday

@S_CY_83 

Do you mean the middle status LED (no.4) is solid red? Do you see any LED changes when resetting the camera (press and hold down Sync/Reset button for 5s)?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:C420 not working shows solid red
Yesterday

@Wayne-TP hi!

Yes when i put the battery inside so as to get it connected the light stays solid red. When i try to reset it does not proceed and the light is permanent. The problem is that i bought the C420S2 via Amazon from a seller and they do not wish to replace or return. They said to contact the manufacturer which i have a difficult time contacting in Cyprus to see whether i can claim the warranty given the invoice i have from Amazon.

Options
Re:C420 not working shows solid red-Solution
6 hours ago - last edited 6 hours ago

@S_CY_83 

Look likes the device may become brick and requires a warranty. Typically, retailers have an obligation to offer after-sales support for the products they sell. You may want to review the service terms from your purchase and reach out to them again for clarification.

Or you may contact the local TP-Link support for assistance.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 37

Replies: 3

Related Articles