Tapo P115 - Voltage Compatibility

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Voltage
Model: Tapo P115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 240523 Rel.175054

I recently purchased the TP-Link Tapo P115 through Amazon. I always make sure to check if a product supports universal power supplies that can handle voltages from 100-240V. However, the product listing on Amazon did not mention its voltage rating. When it arrived, I noticed that the box stated "Rating: 100-125V~50/60Hz."

Despite this, I plugged it into a 220V~60Hz outlet, and the Tapo P115 worked without any issues—no short circuit or malfunction.

How is this possible? What signs or symptoms should I look for if the smart plug is not functioning correctly due to the voltage difference?

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P115 - Voltage Compatibility
Monday

@l4rv4IoT 

The product hardware may have voltage tolerance settings that allow it to briefly support high-voltage environments. However, we do not recommend using the plug in environments outside the specified voltage range.

Please strictly adhere to the voltage range and usage guidelines provided on the packaging, otherwise, safety issues may arise.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 61

Replies: 1

Tags

Voltage
Related Articles