H100 Hub - Peobably the worst device I bought! Can’t reset ! No wifi shown ! Cannot do anything

H100 Hub - Peobably the worst device I bought! Can’t reset ! No wifi shown ! Cannot do anything

2024-09-05 20:42:19
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I had an Amazon purchased H100 for like 2 months, 3 can't recall!

suddenly the light turned orange one day and once I could reset it. Still failed after a couple of days and now - I reset it again in the hope I could update the firmware or something but not even the WiFi from the device shows up !!!! Which means I can't do anything with it !!

Sorry to say but you guys are so behind on your devices and a quick google search shows this hub IS trouble !!

honestly I still think  there could be some other hard reset or whatever I can do other than the 10 sec sync approach which works yes but the device broadcasts no WiFi whatsoever . I don't get it !!! I have dozens of devices and none ever failed at this level !

hoping for any guidance otherwise I will return this plus the 2 buttons I have which were the smartest thing you build but not covered by this weak hub 

thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:H100 Hub - Peobably the worst device I bought! Can’t reset ! No wifi shown ! Cannot do anything
2024-09-10 11:35:28

@SmartStuff 

Did the LED indicator on the hub show any changes during the reset? If the LED changes normally but the device does not broadcast the default Wi-Fi after the reset, there may be a hardware issue with the Wi-Fi module of the device. In this case, you may reach local TP-Link support or retailer to proceed with the warranty. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 99

Replies: 1

Related Articles