Tapo S200B double tap feature does not stick

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After enabling the double tap feature of my Tapo S200B Buttons, the feature then says "not enabled" if checking in my Smart Automations later that require double tap (next day for example).

Options
13 Reply
Re:Tapo S200B double tap feature does not stick
3 weeks ago

@BPCS Same problem. Double click randomly deactivated and again activated.

Options
3 weeks ago

@FRENKY33 

Yes... if I do a refresh of the Tapo App, then after about 5 seconds or more, the double tap (usually) becomes active again. However, if I try to do a new smart automation requiring the double tap feature, I need to deactivate and reactivate the double tap feature to create the smart automation.

I hope Tapo/  TP Link reads these forums and looks into this.

Options
3 weeks ago

@BPCS  @FRENKY33 

Which Tapo hub are you using? Please check the firmware version on both Tapo S200B and the hub. 

When the status of the double tap feature appears abnormal, is the double tap option missing when creating a new automation? Or is the option available but an error occurs during saving?

What happen if you edit an existing automation that already includes the double tap?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Tapo S200B HW 1.0 Firmware 1.12.0 Build 231121
Hub H100 HW 1.0 Firmware 1.5.16 Build 240627

Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP It looks like the doubletap function in the button is sleeping. After waking up the button (singletap, turning, starting the Tapo application), doubletap also starts working, but after a while it goes back to sleep.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

My versions are the same as @FRENKY33 

I can add that if I go and look at my Automations in the Tapo App, there is a comment in orange text "some triggers are invalid" where the S200B Buttons are involved with double tap used. If I refresh the app and wait a bit, that orange comment disappears.

Options
3 weeks ago

@BPCS  @FRENKY33 

To assist with this problem, your case will be forwarded to the support engineering team via email, please check your inbox later and confirm. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP also have the same HW/FW versions as noted above, and have also started having the same problem with the double-tap function.

To add to FRENKY33's comment about waking up the button, it feels like this is also true here, except that it's not the (nearly) instantaneous wakeup that might be implied by their comment - between single-tapping the button to turn on my lights, and then being able to double-tap it to invoke the smart action that sets their brightness/colour temperature based on the time of day, it can be up to 5 minutes or so before the app shows the double-tap actions without errors, and before they then have the desired effect on the lighting.

Note also that the activity log for the button does show all of the double-tap events are logged at the appropriate times, so it's not simply a case that the double-taps are being ignored entirely during this unresponsive period.

Options
3 weeks ago

@TwisterUK 

Yes... it's a very "laggy" operation for the double tap feature.

Options
2 weeks ago

@TwisterUK 

According to the latest updates, this issue is a display error within the app. The automation is actually working as intended. Please confirm whether this is the case for you?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 13

Related Articles