Weather and MicroSD card problems

2024-07-29 09:32:55
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Hello!

I purchased three TAPO C500 recently and they,ve been working normally until now. We had rainy night yesterday and two cameras have been more exposed to rain (one more, the second one less). The third one hasn't been exposed and works well. I tried to look recordings from first two cameras today but cameras didn't recognize MicroSD cards or return error. After taking the cards off and re-initializating them everything works fine. I would like to know if the problem is because of humidity and how to avoid it in the future. Working with cards is difficult due to the difficult to access location of the cameras, and I can't find an option to reinitialize in the software.

Best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Weather and MicroSD card problems
2024-07-30 11:16:20

@Shango58 

Hi,
It's hard to say if the problem is because of humidity from the problem phenomenon, to format the SD card, you can go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording>microSD card page.

If the same phenomenon happens after a rainy day, maybe you can turn on the spotlight on the camera for some time(such as 30 minutes) via the Tapo app and then check if it helps.
Best Regards

Options