Got C420S1 for continuous recording but I only get detection recording option.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 12:39:32
Tags: #MicroSD card #continuous recording
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

My friend gifted me this camera. I checked your website on how to continuously record the video and found that I need to buy a Micro SD card. I have bought a SanDisk 256GB High Endurance Video microSDXC Card for Rs 2000. When I installed the card in the hub, I get the option for only detection recoding. The detection feature of this camera is very poor and does not capture all the incidents. 

Q7 Does Tapo Cam monitor 24/7?

A: Yes, Tapo Cam monitors 24/7, users can enable either Continuous Recording or Motion Detection on the Camera Settings-Local Recording page.

I bought the SD Card for live recording. Kindly help me fix this issue and guide how to continuously record. Would appreciate your quick response. 

Please reply on priority

Options
1 Reply
Re:Got C420S1 for continuous recording but I only get detection recording option.
2023-08-03 06:41:21

@Sameer_Advani 

Hi,
1. The Tapo battery-powered cameras (such as Tapo C420, C400, and D230, etc.) do not support the Continuous Recording feature, but other Tapo cameras support this feature.
Thank you very much for your feedback about the QA, and I have forwarded it to the related team to correct the info.

2. To improve the detection feature of this camera, it's suggested to set up the Wake-up Sensitivity and Detection Sensitivity(such as Motion, Person, etc.) to a higher one, and then the camera can detect more activities.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 1

Tags

MicroSD card
continuous recording
Related Articles