Nasty "person detection" bug actually hides the intruder

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-18 17:17:26
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have recently "upgraded" three c310 cameras to the latest C320WS on the assumption it was a better camera, but am seriously regretting it with a nasty "person detection" bug on all three cameras basically hiding the person walking through the camera view only for them to materialise out of thin air like they used a Star Trek Transporter to beam in, or a cloaking device like in the movie Predator. 

The problem here is that these are supposed to be good quality security cameras, the footage from which could be used in court. But when the recording looks doctored like this, the footage is useless. 

I would love to attach the Tapo Care video, but sadly the upload keeps failing in the upload box, so I've attached a screenshot  instead - showing a person materialising out of thin air like they've just been beamed down from the USS Enterprise. 

Can someone from Tapo respond, any ideas why THREE C320WS cameras are suffering this same nasty bug? 

Thanks

Options
7 Reply
Re:Nasty "person detection" bug actually hides the intruder
2023-05-19 06:51:01 - last edited 2023-05-19 07:19:55

@FrogMorton 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Did you edit the picture and blur the person? Or this is the original picture from the recording?

What are the hardware and firmware versions of these three C320WS?

Please try to enable motion detection, and check if the clip video record the whole object movement (cars, birds, etc). 

In the meantime, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-19 07:18:18

Thank you  @Wayne-TP for the quick response. 

This is a frame grab from the actual Tapo Care video playback, it is not edited.

The Tapo Care video has the person, motion, and boundary crossing symbols against it, so all three categories share the exact same video. Tapo Care did not generate 3 videos in short. 

Looking forward to hearing from your engineers as the reason for installing cameras was to deal with a real and present threat, and I need video evidence that is suitable for court, which I don't currently have with the C320WS. 

Many thanks

Options
2023-05-22 05:42:31

@Wayne-TP I have submitted the videos via email as requested. Please let me know if TPLINK requires anything else, and looking forward to the bug fix. 

Many thanks 

Options
2023-06-15 06:36:09

@wayne-tp 

This bug is still happening, but now on the latest firmware 1.0.5 too. 

Adding this update so the thread is not closed. 

Thanks

Options
2023-06-25 10:05:03

@FrogMorton 

Hello! Your case is now handled by the senior engineer, I'll help to remind them to check on it asap. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-31 19:34:06

@Wayne-TP 

I've got the same problem with 1 of my 4 C320WS cams. The AI detection is not working in this cam

Options
2023-08-03 09:33:53

@Martin55. 

If you could provide more details about your product and the issue, it would be very helpful for us to offer you troubleshooting suggestions.

Such as product hardware, firmware version, a picture or video of the problem. You can share the image and video to me via PM.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 562

Replies: 7

Related Articles