"Subscription plans not available for your country." in Puerto Rico?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 16:42:04
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I purchased a Kasa camera in the US. Tried to set it up on a Caribbean island and got the "Subscription plans not available for your country."

Now I'm at my house in Puerto Rico and I get the same message.  any ideas?  Puerto Rico is part of the USA...

I cannot access even the free trial storage

Options
2 Reply
Re:"Subscription plans not available for your country." in Puerto Rico?
2022-07-18 01:47:25

Hello  @Smile4DaCamera 

Thank you for the feedback! You could register a new TP-Link ID and select ' the U.S.' as region for areas in the US, in this way you could subscribe the Kasa Care service. 

Really appreciated for your feedback with Kasa Care service in Puerto Rico, I'd share your feedback with related team for further evaluation, you could try the workaround as the above mfirst. 

Hope this helps!

Options
Re:"Subscription plans not available for your country." in Puerto Rico?
2022-07-18 11:15:09 - last edited 2022-07-18 11:24:45

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for this

*edit*

I did a factory reset on the camera and changed the Time Zone in the Kasa app to be USA.

When I log into the kasa.tplinkra.com site I still get the message that Kasa Care is not available "Subscription plans not available for your country."

Any idea where I change the location on my account?  It was originally set up while in the USA - so I am not sure why it would think I'm out of the country.

Also I am trying to use a VPN to appear to be in Miami and it doesnt hep

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 2

Related Articles