Sunrise / Sunset times wildly off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-28 10:56:10 - last edited 2022-01-28 20:00:20
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 20210621 Rel. 30941

Hello all,

I'd like to set my Tapo P100 to turn on at sunrise and off at sunset. So I set this schedule:

The times listed here, 0:59 for sunrise and 16:42 for sunset were not entered by me, but are something the Tapo app came up with.

They are wildly wrong, especially the sunrise time.

In my location, sunrise is about 8:30 right now, and sunset at 17:20, so the Tapo times are off by 7.5 hours and about half an hour respectively.

Obviously, sunrise and sunset times are different depending on where in the world you are. So I figured my Tapo app must think I live in some exotic location. However, I couldn't find any setting to let the app know where we are. The timezone is listed in device info and set correctly, but of course the time zone says very little about sunrise and sunset times.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sunrise / Sunset times wildly off
2022-01-29 03:06:24

Hello @i_v 

1. Please confirm Tapo device is online first or it may not get correct time through internet .

Can you remote control smart plug remotely when phone is on LTE mobile data/ non-local wifi network? 

2. Try to factory reset Tapo plug and set it up again , plug will sync time 

How to factory reset the Tapo smart plug

May I know does other Schedule settings work fine, e.g. if you set up turn on at 8AM, will plug operate correctly? Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1668

Replies: 1

Related Articles