C200 "The network is unstable" error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 "The network is unstable" error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:C200 "The network is unstable" error
2020-03-16 02:34:26

@tappat 

Thanks for the reply. 

You can change the router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Then place the camera close to the router, restart both of them, factory reset the camera again and use another device (phone or iPad) to set it up.

If it still not working, please check the light status on the camera, send us the router wireless settings page, and also the following information: TP-Link ID, Phone's model, OS version, camera's HW, MAC address, Tapo Camera APP version, for the privacy and security, you can send us through message.

Good day.

Options
2020-04-18 20:57:27

@Stella.Q 

Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me.

I'm having the same issue as above, but can't seem to resolve the issue.

I use an Android device to setup the device and it connects to my WiFi no problems and initially appears in the app. A few seconds later it disappears and when I try to reconnect as a pre configured device, it gives the unstable network error. It gets all the way through to location, but can't configure. 

I'm using a bt home hub router which is working fine abs all other devices are connected no problem. 

The camera light is a steady green so it's connected to WiFi, is just I can't connect to it.

I've also tried numerous times, with a different phone an iPhone with the same result.

Is there something I need to enable in my router?

Many thanks in advance.

P

Options
2020-07-07 15:49:50

Hi @Stella.Q ,

I have the same issue here.

No MAC filtering whatsoever, just a simple router from my ISP, in the 2.4Ghz band, channel 8.

The Android app is saying "Network unstable", but the Wifi analyzer confirms that everything's ok, we are the only one on this channel.

The C200 is blinking green.

What would be your advice here?

Thanks or your help

Jeremy

Options
2020-10-30 13:06:10 - last edited 2020-10-30 13:32:48

Same here, I bought a second C200, the first one is working fine for over a year now. I am trying to connect the new cam since 2 hours now.

I always get the "network unstable" error. I have a FritzBox 6590 Cable and the cam stands right next to it during setup. No filtering or fancy settings.

The LED is blinking green all the time. Not a solid green light as it should be.

I tried seting it up with an iPhone and iPad, I restarted everything multiple times now, nothing. All devices and apps are up to date.

I also switched between auto channel and channel 1 or 6 in the settings like other posts have suggested.

Frustrating...

Options
2022-01-01 14:46:04

I had the same error, but only intermittently, and when away from home - at home the WiFi works ok.

So the question remains, how do Tapo you decide the network is not good enough?

I was on a public WiFi, and things like the Ring Video door bell worked fine.

I think Tapo have some unreliable tests for "unstable network"...

I also had to intermittently re-enter the normally saved password when starting the Tapo app - also a pain when trying to keep an eye on a vulnerable person...

Ian.

Options
C100: Network is unstable. please try again later
2022-03-16 02:17:50

Hi! just want to ask. how to fix this issue "Network is unstable. Please try again later, when sharing C100.

Options
2022-03-16 07:44:59

Hello  @Seph92 

For ' Network unstable' error when share Tapo camera ,please try some tips here: 

• Please confirm smart device firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date. 
  • Try to connect phone to home Wi-Fi and see if that make any difference 
  • Try a different network, use LTE mobile data on the phone or connect phone to a different network

If the same concern, may I know how many families account you've share so far? Tapo camera could be shared to 2 different accounts at most as FAQ here:

How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart bulb) with your families

If the same issue, can you share the Mac address of camera to us ,the email address to-be shared via private message, please let us know the model of phone and its OS version, APP version, if possible,  thank you

Options
2022-03-16 10:45:13
I have not had further occurrences of this problem recently. he only change to my system has been replacing a Wi-Fi access point which suddenly died. However, the old one was working perfectly for other equipment before that. For the record, the firmware was up to date and I do not share the devices.
Options
Related Articles