TC82 low sensitivity in low light

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TC82  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

The TC82 camera appears to be very insensitive to people and movement in low light conditions. I have the sensitivity and range set to the maximum values. During the day it works as expected. Once the sun starts going down the detection doesn't work until someone is very close to the camera (< 1 meter). Is there anything else I can do to improve sensitivity in low light?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TC82 low sensitivity in low light
a week ago

@seventy_four 

Detection of the TC82 camera occurs only after the camera is awake. Please check how the detection feature works when watching the camera liveview?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP thank you for your message. What I've been trying is walking towards the camera while watching my phone for alerts. In low light I need to be right in front of the camera before it detects. I'm not sure what you mean by awake. I press the Leave Home button which enables the cameras. I've tried this both in the daytime and evening and the detection / notification comes when I'm a lot closer to the camera. 

Options
a week ago

@seventy_four 

As a battery camera, it is in sleep mode most of the time to preserve battery life until the PIR sensor detects movement and wakes it up.

Can you check which night mode is your camera set to? (App Camera Settings > Video & Display > Night Mode Settings.) Is there any object in the camera's view, such as walls or glass, that could cause reflections? If certain areas of the image are overexposed and others are too dark, it may affect the detection.

Can you share a picture of the camera view at night? You may send it to me via PM (with a link).

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 3

Related Articles