Migrate from Cloud Essentials to OC200

Sunday - last edited Monday
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.16.3

I just recently upgraded my Omada network.

went from 4 EAP225s, to 4 EAP670s.

I setup everything brand new.  I used Cloud Essentials to create my site and add all my devices.

I decided to go back to the OC200 though, as I would like to use the map feature to get an idea on my home and signal stregnth.

I can't find any documentation on how to migrate from Cloud Essentials to OC200.  The link I found in a search seemed to be for going from on premise controller to on premise controller, or on premise controller to cloud.  I cant find how to do it via cloud to OC200.

Since I have everything already setup, I thought I would just manually build out the OC200.  The OC200 is on my network, cause it has an IP and I can login to it, and setup a site.

But, when I go to devices, it does not find any of the devices I have setup.  Is this because they are already part of the Cloud site?

I tried putting in an IP of one device, and it could not find it.

So I can't manually build this out.

One thing I want to avoid, is rescanning the bar code on my devices because one of them is 20ft up on a vaulted ceiling, and I have to rent a ladder to get to it.  I am not doing that.

Anyone have any ideas?

If I could get the Heat Map in Cloud Essentials I could avoid all of this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Migrate from Cloud Essentials to OC200-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@Lardo5150 

before you can adopt the devices on the OC200, you must forget the devices on the cloud controller. if the OC200 and the devices are on the same LAN, they will appear on the controller automatically. you can then adopt.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Migrate from Cloud Essentials to OC200-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@Lardo5150 

before you can adopt the devices on the OC200, you must forget the devices on the cloud controller. if the OC200 and the devices are on the same LAN, they will appear on the controller automatically. you can then adopt.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Migrate from Cloud Essentials to OC200
Monday

Hi  @Lardo5150 

As MR.S said, we need to FORGET the EAP units on the cloud controller first.

And we can't migrate or restore from a cloud-essential controller to a hardware controller.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56

Replies: 2

Related Articles