Could not connect PPTP VPN (Behind the ISP Fiber Router)

Saturday
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel 62992

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was implementing Client-to-LAN VPN scenario. My network topology is shown in image below:

ER605 VPN router is behind the ISP's fiber router. I tried following thing on ISP's fiber router to forward VPN request from the Internet to my ER605 VPN router.

1. Disable firewall in ISP's fiber router.

2. Add IP address of VPN router (192.168.1.44) in DMZ in ISP's fiber router.

With this settings, I was not able to connect VPN from the Internet (I used Windows built-in VPN Dialer). I tried PPTP VPN and also tries L2TP with IPsec VPN, but in both the cases, I did not get the success.

Please help and guide.

Regards,

Sagar P.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Could not connect PPTP VPN (Behind the ISP Fiber Router)
Monday

Hi @sagar002100 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Please make a firmware upgrade. The latest version is 2.2.6.

2. Make sure the ports are open and correctly forwarded to the public Internet.

3. Try a different VPN. Consider PPTP as outdated. It is not recommended today and it is based on layer 2. Might have trouble with the NAT.

4. We highly recommend you remove the NAT. In the double-NAT scenario, the function may not work properly and we may not offer further help on it. The product is supposed and designed to work on the public Internet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 58

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles