Vlan dhcp seemingly duplicating

a week ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have this setup with one WAN and a second vlan.  The first, default vlan gatewway is on 192.168.1.* with dhcp automatic assignments.  Ports are set to untagged 2,3,4. The second vlan gateway is 192.168.2.1, also with dhcp server ON, but actually all devices have static IP reservations and assigned to Port 5 untagged.  The weird thing is that everything in the client list, all the clients on vlan 2, 192.168.2.* show up with a duplicate IP in the 192.168.1.* range.  They are the same device as the MAC is the same.  I am guessing this is to do with them having access to the WAN, but that is just a guess.  It is working seemingly normally, just don't understand the mystery vlan 1 IP assignments.  I suppose I could turn off the dhcp server and just let the respective switches take care of that, but still would like to know the reasoning.    

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vlan dhcp seemingly duplicating
a week ago

Hi  @TheIsland 

Think this would be better explained if you can post cofig screenshots of the VLAN interface you've created.

I think this direction should be CIDR you've configured.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 1

Related Articles