Repeater mode not working

2024-09-14 18:13:57 - last edited Yesterday
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all

i have the eap610 outdoor set up but it doesn't reach the ring door bell which is behind a wall less than 5m away, if I test the speed with my phone in clear sight it is the same as the router speed, so I have bought a eap225 outdoor to put on a building in clear view of the 610 as a repeater!

tryingbto set this up as per instructions yet I don't get any option to select the operation mode and as the 225 won't have an Ethernet cable going to it, I don't it won't pick up on the app or via the 610? 

I have linked the 225 to the router and when it is connected to it it is on the app but not the 610!

I don't know why there isn't a simple YouTube video to follow or simple instructions or anyone to contact or an instruction manual, why is everything so difficult?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Repeater mode not working-Solution
2024-09-17 02:18:13 - last edited Yesterday

Hi  @FarmingStock 

To successfully configure it as repeater mode, we need to wired connect the EAP to your router first.

After finishing the configuration,  you can unplug the cable and let it work wirelessly.

If the EAP is not using the latest firmware version, please keep it wired connections, and update firmware first.

How do I upgrade the firmware of my EAP device via web browser?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Repeater mode not working
2024-09-16 07:19:52

Hi  @FarmingStock 

Please make sure the EAP225-outdoor is using the latest firmware version.

Below is a guide:

How to configure Omada EAP in Repeater mode

Options
Re:Repeater mode not working
2024-09-16 07:44:47

@Vincent-TP 

thank you for the response, Omada won't connect to the eap225 and as it's not on the network I can't find it to update it, I've gone through all the steps on the to do list, yet it doesn't work!

When the eap is plugged in I can find it on my phone wireless network yet there is no internet connection so it just spins and times out, however it is only on the Omada app when it is connected to Ethernet cable.

Options
Re:Repeater mode not working-Solution
2024-09-17 02:18:13 - last edited Yesterday

Hi  @FarmingStock 

To successfully configure it as repeater mode, we need to wired connect the EAP to your router first.

After finishing the configuration,  you can unplug the cable and let it work wirelessly.

If the EAP is not using the latest firmware version, please keep it wired connections, and update firmware first.

How do I upgrade the firmware of my EAP device via web browser?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 3

Related Articles