ER605 VPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 VPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:ER605 VPN client
2024-02-04 18:30:05

@Clive_A 

Hi!

I spent one more day and found a "half-solution":

In fact router connects to VPN server and i can see it from server. After some routes setup on server i can connect to devices in router LAN at least for ping, web-interface(443/TCP) and BACNet(47808/UDP).

But problem remains, because router doesn't show tunnel and i can't do anything which needs interface from router inside  (routing, NAT, etc). In my case it's not critical, but it's seems to be router problem, i hope TP-LINK can fix it in next firmware updates. It look's like not VPN engine problem, it's management software problem, which can't recognize existed tunnel.

I made some changes in previous configuration:
Updated OpenVPN server to ver. 2.6.8 (i read a lot of advices to downgrade OpenVPN, but they seems useless)
Changed auth to SHA512
Also keys was remade with EC/SHA512

Thank you for your advices.

Options
2024-02-21 02:30:05

Hi @xiyingzi 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

xiyingzi wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi!

I spent one more day and found a "half-solution":

In fact router connects to VPN server and i can see it from server. After some routes setup on server i can connect to devices in router LAN at least for ping, web-interface(443/TCP) and BACNet(47808/UDP).

But problem remains, because router doesn't show tunnel and i can't do anything which needs interface from router inside  (routing, NAT, etc). In my case it's not critical, but it's seems to be router problem, i hope TP-LINK can fix it in next firmware updates. It look's like not VPN engine problem, it's management software problem, which can't recognize existed tunnel.

I made some changes in previous configuration:
Updated OpenVPN server to ver. 2.6.8 (i read a lot of advices to downgrade OpenVPN, but they seems useless)
Changed auth to SHA512
Also keys was remade with EC/SHA512

Thank you for your advices.

So it is working now? But not displaying the tunnel, is that correct?

I got a reply from the dev and they told me that a beta may be provided if you need it. Let me know what you think.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-25 17:51:17

@Clive_A 

Hello!

It's working but not displaying the tunnel. Thank you, but in my case no need to hurry, i can wait regular update. Hope in the next regular update it will be fixed.

Options