Omada Mesh stopped connecting through Verizon LTE Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-27 17:18:55
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.0 Build 20200918 Rel. 58628

I have Verizon's LTE Home service up and running. I then setup an Omada mesh with a few 225's and a 225-outdoor. I plugged the Verizon router into a tp-link switch (LAN port) and the 225-outdoor into the same switch (POE port). I then added the other 225s via the Cloud controller. Everything was up and running fine. Then after a day or two, internet went down. I figured it was Verizon so I contacted them. We did a couple of resets on their router and it came back up for a bit, then back down. I've factory reset EVERYTHING multiple times to try and set it all back up again but the 225-outdoor will NOT establish an internet connection through the Verizon router. If I connect directly to the Verizon router's built in WiFi, I get great connection and speed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Mesh stopped connecting through Verizon LTE Home
2020-12-29 03:38:22

Dear @Contento,

I plugged the Verizon router into a tp-link switch (LAN port) and the 225-outdoor into the same switch (POE port).

Is the corresponding LAN LED lit up on the TP-Link switch when the Verizon router is connected?

Please ensure the LAN port on the Verizon router works fine and is connected to the switch properly.

If possible, you may hardwire a PC instead to the Verizon router for checking, verify if the PC can obtain IP info and get Internet access.

Besides, ensure the Ethernet cable is in good condition, you may also try a different cable for further tests.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-29 03:42:39

@Fae 

Thank you for the reply. Yes the correct port lights up on the switch and yes when I plug a laptop in directly to the lan port on the Verizon router I can successfully get an IP address and get on the internet. The eaps all get IP addresses from the Verizon DHCP as well which means I know they are communicating through the switch.

Options
2020-12-30 08:18:44

Dear @Contento,

Yes the correct port lights up on the switch and yes when I plug a laptop in directly to the lan port on the Verizon router I can successfully get an IP address and get on the internet. The eaps all get IP addresses from the Verizon DHCP as well which means I know they are communicating through the switch.

Then the Omada Mesh should be working fine. Note that the Topology showing on the Omada Controller page is unable to detect the Internet connection if there is no Omada Gateway in your network, you may ignore the Internet part and just ensure the EAPs are online and working well with Internet connection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 3

Related Articles