Omada Network Configuration Help

Saturday - last edited 20 hours ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I have setup a home network using the OC-200 hardware controller. Here is my network configuration:

• Verizon FIOS ONT connected to an ER-605 router on the WAN port
  • LAN port of the router connected to TP-Link POE switch SG-108PE
  • OC-200 controller connected to a POE port on the SG-108PE
  • 4 EAPs connected to the SG-108PE (hardwired)

Here are the issues I am facing:

1. On the topology, it shows "no internet" and "no switches" even though there is a switch. I know when setup properly, it should show internet utilization, as well as the switch. See image below. What am i doing wrong that I can fix to show the gateway and switch? I am assuming this has to do something with the setting on the router. The router is controlled by the OC-200. What can I change so the setup is optimal?

Dashboard screenshot

2. The switch and controller show up connected to the router and the EAPs are indepdently connected to the internet. I know this should be passing through the router > switch > EAP. What can be done to fix this? See image below

aec980cf593849d79064c96d070754fb

3. I do have internet at all EAPs but the roaming and performance is spotty. I do have fast roaming enabled. What can I do to enable better hand-off from a settings standpoint on the EAPs? I live in a four story town house. The second floor has two EAPs on the opposite ends and the third floor has two EAPs on the opposite ends of the home. The thought process was that the second floor EAPs will cover both first and second floor and the third floor will cover the fourth floor. How can I optimize for better performance?

Thank you so much for the help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Network Configuration Help-Solution
Monday - last edited 20 hours ago

Hi  @ballstonmember 

For point 1&2, 

TL-SG108PE is an easy smart switch, this is expected to be normal.

Easy Smart Switch is not part of the Omada product line instead it can be managed via the Easy Smart Configuration Utility which offers the same configuration as the web GUI. Omada product line starts with the layer 2+ switches.  

For the product list, please refer to our global site where you can find the latest models: https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada/switch/

As for the gateway ER605, did you adopt it to the OC200? If not, please refer to the following link:

How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?

For point 3,

You may run some wireless optimization. Below is a guide:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Network Configuration Help-Solution
Monday - last edited 20 hours ago

Hi  @ballstonmember 

For point 1&2, 

TL-SG108PE is an easy smart switch, this is expected to be normal.

Easy Smart Switch is not part of the Omada product line instead it can be managed via the Easy Smart Configuration Utility which offers the same configuration as the web GUI. Omada product line starts with the layer 2+ switches.  

For the product list, please refer to our global site where you can find the latest models: https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada/switch/

As for the gateway ER605, did you adopt it to the OC200? If not, please refer to the following link:

How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?

For point 3,

You may run some wireless optimization. Below is a guide:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 1

Related Articles