Omada WiFi Mesh roaming problems while making calls

a week ago - last edited Yesterday
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

hallo all,

I have three floor house and switching from Asus based network to Omada (ER605 + SG2008P + 3xEAP615-Wall).

the EAPs are connected to the central PoE switch SG2008P (powered via PoE and ETH backhaul) and the internet connectivity goes thru ER605 - all with latest FW. Controller is software one (5.14.26.1 Windows) and Mesh is ena. one EAP is in my office in basement, 2nd on groud floor and 3rd on 1st floor.

i have problems with roaming between EAPs, especially between office and groundfloor while making calls (tested: 3cx, Google Chat, Whatsapp) on my Google Pixel 6a (configured to use real MAC instead of random MAC) - it always switches to cellular data first and after a while to another AP.

this doesn't occur for example while copying large file nor watching Netflix or youTube - only while making calls. 

so my question is: is there some setting on Omada side that can solve this or is this a general problem with protocols for voice communication?

/BR ZoloNN --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Omada 2x ER605(UN) v2.0 + SG200P(UN) V3.20 + 3x EAP615-Wall(EU) V1.0
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada WiFi Mesh roaming problems while making calls
a week ago

UPDATE: after reading some posts stating MESH is useful only when the EAP is connected to main one via wireless I've done some tests:

Test 1:

• disabled MESH
  • run WLAN Optimization
  • Fast Roaming is on

Test 2:

• disabled MESH
  • put the two EAP on same channel
  • Fast Roaming is on

Outcome: even worse - when I walk upstairs from basement (office) to ground floor, the mobile switches from WiFi to LTE and resist to connect to EAP in front of me (1m) till I end the call....no

/BR ZoloNN --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Omada 2x ER605(UN) v2.0 + SG200P(UN) V3.20 + 3x EAP615-Wall(EU) V1.0
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 1

Related Articles