Configuring double WLAN to manually assign devices to one ISP or the other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-04-05 15:05:30 - last edited 2024-04-07 02:19:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

Hi community,

Please, help me resolve a mindblowing puzzle for me. I tried everyting i clould, but was unsuccessful.

WHAT I HAVE:
- ER605 v2.0 - 2.2.4 - WAN and WAN/LAN1 configured as follows: 
- ISP O2 Spain - No router from the ISP, WAN PPPOE configured and working, internet vlan 6 from ISP
- ISP Orange Spain - Router from the ISP, WAN/LAN1 Dynamic IP from the Router, configured and working. No internet vlan from ISP
- LAN2 port of ER605 connects to LAN7 port SG2008P 3.2 (acting as UPLINK)
- OC200 controller connected to LAN2 port of the SG2008P as POE
- EAP650 balcony mounted, connected at LAN1 port of the SG2008P as POE
- Gaming PC connected at LAN8 port of SG2008P non POE

2 floors below in the same building I HAVE:

-EAP650 balcony mounted, meshing from first EAP650
-a second SG2008P 3.2 on the remote site, powering the second EAP650 POE and providing uplink, plugged in LAN1
- Another Gaming PC connected at LAN2 to the second SG2008P non POE

WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH:

The main idea of the scenario is that i have my both ISP in the apartment 2 floors above and want to be able to provide from the mesh connection, usage of both ISP on the lower floor. Now here is the thing, i do not want to LOAD BALANCE the 2 ISP, i want to specifically assign one ISP or the other to different devices connected by cable to the 2 SG2008P and in future case, by Wifi from the EAP650.
Example - the gaming PC on the upper floor is the main gaming PC. This PC need to stream to OBS but by network (NDI) to the second gaming PC, 2 floors below. For the purpose, i want only O2 Spain connection to be used as is the lowest ping one and better gaming experience overall.
All other devices on the lower floor i want to connect to different ports of the switch and to assign them Orange Spain. Additionally, use a specific Wifi network for One ISP or the Other.

I struggled 2 days trying to accomplish the goal, creating VLANS, IP groups and policy Routing with no success. When i assign the specific port to the switch to the second gaming pc and tell it - use only Orange_VLAN, it does not inject any IP to it (PC is set to DHCP).

Please, help me configure this step by step, i cannot struggle anymore. I buy beers to whoever helps me in this matter. I deleted all changes i made to the system so i can start fresh.

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Configuring double WLAN to manually assign devices to one ISP or the other
2024-04-07 02:18:54

Hi @the_jazz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might use a CIDR calculator to count the IP address.

/32 means the single IP address that you use in the group.

I think current guides can make it through.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options