Where is the QR code in the Kasa kp405 smartplug

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: KP405  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I'm trying to connect a recently pucharsed smart plug to Google home, but nowhere in the product or packaging and instructions I can find the QR code.

where it is supposed to be on this model?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Where is the QR code in the Kasa kp405 smartplug-Solution

@Luisgtz2 

As far as I know, the KP405 does not support Google Simple Setup, so there wouldn't be a QR code.  Instead, you set the product up in the Kasa or Tapo app, and as long as the Kasa or Tapo account is linked to Google Home your new device should show up in Google.   You might have to go to sync accounts and search for devices manually, but in my recent experience, that usually is not necessary. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Where is the QR code in the Kasa kp405 smartplug-Solution

@Luisgtz2 

As far as I know, the KP405 does not support Google Simple Setup, so there wouldn't be a QR code.  Instead, you set the product up in the Kasa or Tapo app, and as long as the Kasa or Tapo account is linked to Google Home your new device should show up in Google.   You might have to go to sync accounts and search for devices manually, but in my recent experience, that usually is not necessary. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Where is the QR code in the Kasa kp405 smartplug
a week ago

@Carl  Thank you! This helped a lot. The instructions are not clear on this. I found multiple articles that indicate you had to scan the QR Code. It worked for me, I linked the accounts and now I can manage the device from Google. Thank you

Options
Re:Where is the QR code in the Kasa kp405 smartplug
a week ago

@Luisgtz2 

If you see anything officially from TP-Link, let me know. I would need to correct those articles.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 3

Related Articles