Smart bulbs and smart switches

3 weeks ago

I have, what i think, is an impossible request but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I have smart bulbs in every socket in my house and I love it. I have all kinds of automations set up that works like a champ, for me. My girlfriend however, is still in the habit of shutting light switches off when she leaves a room and normally this would be a good thing. But..with all of my bulbs being smart, when she turns the switches off it messes everything up. Is there anyway to have a smart light switch that can be used to manually or remotely turn lights on and off BUT trickle just enough electricity to the smart bulb to keep is connected to my network? I know I am set an automation that could control a smart bulb "when switch is turned on* but when a bulb is without power for to long it has to be reset. My solution so far has been to put tape over my light switches, but it drives my girlfriend crazy. So I installed mini smart outlets that when turned of "if lights out" then "turn lights on" then delay 3 seconds, then turns itself back on, and then a automation for if lights are on it does the opposite. Designing a smart light switch that could keep the smart bulb connected to wifi even when it's off would be awesome. I believe this could be done but it would have to be done with all new devices. Personally, I'd buy new devices to have this ability. Thanks for reading, hope you at least look into this

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 0

Related Articles