smartswitch repeatedly turns on when smartcontrol rules enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 12:10:56
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

When I enable the smart control, the ES20M smartswitch properly turns of after no motion detected for the set time which is great. However it turns lights on right back even though there is no motion whatsoever. Right now, I disabled the "smart control" but would like to use the motion detection feature since bought this swich just for that. I deleted all the rules and added just one simple rule, i.e. between 6pm-11pm turn on when motion detected, and turn off when no motion detected for 1 min. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:smartswitch repeatedly turns on when smartcontrol rules enabled
2023-10-11 18:29:03 - last edited 2023-10-11 18:29:24

@aselvan,

First, make sure that you are using the most up to date firmware for your switch.

This may be a case where your motion sensitivity is set too high, try turning it down and seeing if the behavior follows, and if it works for your area.

Is there a delay in your lights turning off that could be triggering the motion? You may try using the "Motion Detected and Dark" to see if the behavior follows.

Options
2023-10-12 13:41:09

@Riley_S 

I checked the Firmware Version: 1.0.10 which is the latest for this switch. I tried all 3 settings for motion detection with same behaviour. I am 100% positive there is no motion when lights turn on by itself after a short delay (a min or so after it was turned off by no motion). I even left the room to make sure there is no motion.

Anyway, just to narrow down the problem, I totally turned off Ambient sensor (though it is properly set for that room) both at settings and the rules and use just motion which seem to work. I did see a release notes for firmware version 1.0.10 (see below) which seem to indicate some smartcontrol issue was fixed I wonder it was not fixed in all scenarios like mine with using ambient sensor + motion sensor?

Published Date: 2023-03-13

Modification and Bug fixed:
1. After smart control enabled, the motion sensor will turn off the light according to the rule of the smart control after manual or scheduled on.
2. Improved the stability.

Options
2023-12-17 05:26:01

@aselvan 

Have you found a solution? I'm having the same problem and considering returning the switch as I got it because kids can't seem to turn off the bathroom light. Now it's on even more with it turning itself on.

Options
2023-12-20 15:37:17

Cohan1279 wrote

@aselvan 

Have you found a solution? I'm having the same problem and considering returning the switch as I got it because kids can't seem to turn off the bathroom light. Now it's on even more with it turning itself on.

@Cohan1279 

After fighting w/ it for a while, I disabled motion sensor completely since it does generate random motion events repeatedly and is not very useful for me. So I am using it as a just as a smart switch which seem to work fine ofcourse :)

As you can see the tp-link support is not very useful.

Still looking for a motion sensor and haven't found one that works for me. I needed just a plain (no switch, bulb etc needed) motion sensor that works w/ google assistant and able to generate motion events supported by google home scripts so I can do automation like these below.

https://github.com/aselvan/scripts/tree/master/googlehome_scripts

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 4

Related Articles