How do I identify which tp-link network to choose

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-14 15:21:36
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I got my GC to install a lot of Kasa Smart Switches, Dimmers and Outlets through my house. When I go to add them to my Kasa App, I dont know which one to pick as there are like 20 to-link networks showing in my settings. How do I know which one to pick? Please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I identify which tp-link network to choose
2023-04-17 21:52:57

@sethmiami,

Unfortunately, this happens when they are all brought online at once. After a while the setup networks should fall off and require a reset of the device to have the device reappear.

During the setup process, the light of each device should flash to indicate the change in mode, so you may be able to identify them this way as most of the networks will at least indicate the type of device it is.

Your last option may be to narrow it down by using a Wi-Fi analyzer app to track the strengths of the different SSIDs that are being broadcast. Your phone should be able to track the strength of the signal relatively well and at least narrow it down to a few at a time.

Options