Is there a way to identify TP_LINK_XXXX belongs to which switch when doing more than 1 switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a way to identify TP_LINK_XXXX belongs to which switch when doing more than 1 switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 19:42:31
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have done a few switch replacements myself, but I have about 15 more to go :-). Trying to see if I can contract out to an electrician he can get this done in about an hour.

But the configuration involves connecting to TP_LINK_XXXX, then pairing with its slave switch. 

My question is how can I determine TP_LINK_XXXX or TP_LINK_YYYY to immediately identify which switch I'm working with?

I can certainly do this one by one, but trying to see if I can do this more efficiently by switching both at the same time. I would need to know which one I'm working with so I can get the slave switch programmed correctly.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there a way to identify TP_LINK_XXXX belongs to which switch when doing more than 1 switch.
2022-01-13 00:18:50

@HappyKing Use the MAC address - it's printed on the front of each switch under the bar code

Assign a generic name (switch 1,2,3 etc) when installing with the app, then after match each switch with the address in the device info and change its name to whatever your naming convention is. 

Similarly I get the MAC for each device from the APP so I can change its name accordingly in my Router Client List to identify each one (you can also use the IP address of course) 

Options
Re:Is there a way to identify TP_LINK_XXXX belongs to which switch when doing more than 1 switch.
2022-01-13 00:21:20

@HappyKing p.s. if using HS210 you only really need one for a 3-way circuit, be sure to install at the 'Line' end. This works whether 3-way or 4-way so you don't actually need to use two per circuit. 

Options