Want to incorporate BE550 to my network

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased a BE550 router.  I would like to use it with my Linksys MR7500 router.  What would be the ideal way to set up the BE550? AP mode? I'm in a small apartment & trying to extend the wifi signal in the living room. Currently my set up is Linksys MR7500 router as parent node & 1 Linksys MX2001 mesh unit as the child node in the living room. 

I get lots of interference from the condo that's 2 streets away from me that has cell phone antennas on the roof top.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Want to incorporate BE550 to my network
2 weeks ago

@1808geek 

If you're about to use your Linksys MR7500 as your main router, it would be best to set BE550 in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@1808geek 

I would try using selected channels for WIFI. Adding more routers and APs may make things worse in  small area. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@ArcherC8 thanks for the reply.  I'll be removing the linksys Mx2001 mesh unit from my network.  Then use the BE550 in AP mode.

Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski thank you for replying.  I'll add the be550 in AP mode. Do I have to use the tether app on my android phone  to do the installation?  Or can I use the browser 192.168.1? 

Options
2 weeks ago

@1808geek 

I would use the router's WebGUI on 192.168.0.1 (default LAN IP) or what it's in your case.

Here's the guide for setting a router in AP mode - use Case 1.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski thanks again.  The BE550 is arriving some time today.  I'll use the guide you provided.blush

Options
a week ago

I wasn't able to log into the tplink web browser at all. 

So I ended up installing the BE550 as my main router. 

Although the BE550 has done well with better wifi speed for my living room smart TV.  I only had one issue which tplink cust. support assisted me with making some adjustments in the wifi settings.  I'll try again to see if I can install the BE550 to AP mode.

Options
a week ago

@1808geek 

Here's what you can do if you have issues logging router's WebGUI.

Here's the difference between router and AP mode.

Options
a week ago

@terziyski thanks again.  I was able to login in via the web.  I haven't gotten around in setting up the BE550 in AP mode yet. 

I have a new issue with the 6 ghz not showing up in wifi analyzer. Tech support will consult with their engineers & email me about that issue.  Strangely though tech support had me just power on my Linksys MR7500 router & it shows thev6 ghz channel in wifi analyzer.  Also tech support told me the BE550 cannot be in AP mode if using a cable modem. Go figure!  I did read others are having similar issues with the wifi 6 not showing.

I like this wifi 7 router since the wifi speed increased on my living room smart tv.

Options
a week ago

@1808geek 

A fine point...

If the ISP modem is a gateway (modem / router combo) then you have several options in using the TP Link router.

If the gateway is in bridge mode (modem only mode), then the TPLink router is put into router mode. 

if the gateway is in normal mode (modem and router mode) then the TP Link router is put into AP mode. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 11

Related Articles