Web Management Interface

Web Management Interface
Web Management Interface
2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Hello,

I replaced my old AX50 router with a Deco XE75 Pro today, and though the installation went fine initially, I soon came to realize that there is no real web management interface for the Deco XE75 Pro that compares in any way (any way at all) to the web management interface on the AX50.

I am very disappointed in the product at this point.

The app was sufficient for setting the unit up out of the box, but I am unhappy being stuck with the APP for configuration and management.

Are there plans to provide a full management interface for this product family?

In addition to the general lack of functionality, I also noted that the web interface is http:// only, no secure https:// access. In this modern age, that is not acceptable.

I am looking for a tri band WiFi 6e system that supports a proper Web Management Interface though an https:// local only connection. Preferabally one that can be restricted to local wired LAN access only, not over WiFi, not over the WAN.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Web Management Interface
2 weeks ago

@greyhair Unfortunately the DECOs seem to be geared towards a simplified setup with minimal tinkering required, but also minimal configurability.  One of the newer Archer models probably continue to have similar control like your AX50.

Options
Re:Web Management Interface
Yesterday

@jzchen Thanks for the reply. Sadly, part of the reason I bought the Deco units was the 'spousal acceptance' factor. The AX50 was relegated to the basement because it was ungainly and ugly. It worked, but it really limited coverage to the second floor (from the basement) and outdoors, because of its installed location. Before I commited at all to the Deco units, I installed them, one on a sideboard in the living room and one on a bookshelf on the second floor. The design and overall appearance of the units was acceptable, so at that point I started to configure them. So, acceptable to the spouse, but somewhat of a PITA to me. I run my own local DNS cache in the house, and I also configure fixed IPs for certain devices. The IoT feature of the Deco works well with my Nest stuff, that is cool, but the granularity of control on DHCP configuration leaves a lot to be desired, compared to the AX50. So they work well as APs, but I am underwhelmed by their operation as a router, in comparison to a much older TP-Link product.

I think ultimately, to resolve it, I will set up either a wired OpenWRT or OpenSense router, and convert the Deco to AP only mode. The other option would be a port of OpenWRT to the Deco Units. Does TP-Link support installing OpenWRT on the Deco line?

Is there any documentation on the Deco units in regards to Guest network vlan tagging to separate the guest network from the primary network? I am hoping that Guest network segregation is supported in AP mode.

Doug

Another option would be for TP-Link to support an AX series model in a Deco style enclosure. We can hope.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 2

Related Articles