2x Archer C6 ac1200 configuration help

2024-09-15 19:20:46 - last edited 2024-09-15 19:40:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

Hi all.

I have two archer c6 routers, one v4 and one v3.2.

The v4 is connected to my internet, from the supplier router/modem Lan to the v4 wan port, the second v3.2 is connected to the v4 lan port in to the v3.2 wan port.

Everything works fine, and at the moment I have 2 ssid - "blah blah" and "blah blah upstairs"

Both are set as AP mode.

Have I done it right so far?

Ideally I'd like to have just one ssid and things just work seamlessly, if I rename the v3.2 to match the v4 ssid, is that all I need to do?

Lastly, can these two devices work as a mesh? I'm sure both boxes say so But I have no experience here or fully understand it.

Between both units WiFi is perfect in my whole home/outside/attic, so I don't have any dead zones - so I suppose another question is, is it worth messing with and will I see any advantage by changing ssid or making a mesh?

I see my phone change between ssid as I move about the house right now

Options
1 Reply
Re:2x Archer C6 ac1200 configuration help
2024-09-16 12:29:57

@Balg 

You can't have a mesh between C6 v4 and C6 v3.2. C6 v4 support Easymesh but C6 v3.2 support Onemesh. In other words you can have a Easymesh only between two C6 v4.

Moreover Archer C6 doesn't support mesh in AP mode. In your case you did it right - both C6 in AP mode thus avoiding double NAT in your network.

As for the SSIDs you can make them the same in both C6s, but that's not neccessary. Personally I would prefer them to be different, so I would know to which router my devices are connected at any time.

If your current setup suit your needs just use it as it is and don't make any changes.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 125

Replies: 1

Related Articles