How to assign specific devices to specific Decos.

2024-09-14 21:28:26
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20231227 Rel. 62665

I'm looking at the assigned devices on my network and notice that they are split between two of the three Decos I have. The two "primaries" are on opposite sides of the house and the third (with no devices connected) is in a room directly above my Main (the one connected to my modem). I've seen web pages saying that you can edit the "Connection Preferences" in the TP Deco App but when I follow the TP link-created video, that option does not exist. I've verified that the firmware on the Decos is up-to-date, everything is connected w/ green lights, and my app is up-to-date. Is there a different setting I'm missing? Or does the app just not generate that option to move devices for some people?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to assign specific devices to specific Decos.
2024-09-14 23:22:41

@McFamily 

Please be aware that each Deco model has different options and features, and even different hardware versions of the same model may vary in capabilities.

If your model or hardware supports it, you can locate the desired settings by following these steps:

1. Navigate to the Network tab and click on "Online Clients."

2. Select one of your devices from the list.

3. Click on "Connection Preference."

4. Under "Preferred Deco," choose the Deco you want the device to consistently connect to.

5. Save your changes by clicking the "Save" button located in the top right corner of the screen.

Please repeat the above steps for any additional devices that you wish to modify.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 113

Replies: 1

Related Articles