Can devices from main router network discover devices under mesh network

2024-09-06 02:08:34
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi guys,

My smart tv and sound system setup are connected thru the main router network since it has faster speed than the mesh one. It seems my mesh system can't render UHD or sometimes even HD images when streaming so I ended up connecting thru my main network. Bought the mesh system for the dead spots which is almost all of the ground floor (main router was setup up on the 2nd floor). Set up my mesh as AP but it still has its own SSID.

My question is, is there any way for my devices connected to the main router to see the devices on my mesh network? Having trouble with the Airplay when listening to music thru my sound system especially when I am in a dead spot with my phone.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can devices from main router network discover devices under mesh network
2024-09-06 09:19:12

@DecoUser4167568 

As your Deco runs in AP mode, the devices connected to the main router should see the devices connected to the Deco mesh.

If your phone has a weak connection, it will affect the communication between your phone and other devices.

Options
Re:Can devices from main router network discover devices under mesh network
2024-09-12 21:05:58

Hi  @DecoUser4167568 

Welcome to the community.

First, I recommend making sure your Deco units are optimally placed. Our guide on finding the best placement can help.

If the Deco is in AP mode, some of its advanced Mesh Wi-Fi features may be turned off. Additionally, assigning a separate SSID for your main router and the Deco Mesh AP network may cause your wireless client devices (e.g., your phone) to take longer when roaming from one Wi-Fi node to another.

Lastly, if your main router is not a Deco Mesh device, it will not handle fast roaming as efficiently. Have you considered turning off your main router's Wi-Fi and assigning its Wi-Fi name and password to your Deco Mesh instead?

Alternatively, if your network configuration allows for it, you may consider using the Deco Mesh System as your main Router. Doing so can help ensure all of its Mesh Wi-Fi Features are available and optimally providing seamless Wi-Fi for your devices.

Options