AX4400 Wifi 6 Router - Connected without Internet

2024-05-28 14:42:06
Tags: #AX4400 Wi-fi 6 Router
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

After owning this router for over a year, my family started complaining that their phones would receive the following message when connected to the router: 'Connected, without Internet.' To troubleshoot this issue, my son generated random MAC addresses until he was able to connect with Internet access. However, this solution only worked for a day or two before the problem returned. I rebooted the router, but it didn't resolve the issue. I also performed a firmware reset and set up the router from scratch, which temporarily fixed the problem. However, I'm unsure what else to do besides informing TP-Link about this issue. I want to ensure that not all wifi devices experience this problem. Additionally, I have Nest and Google devices that connect without issues, except for one Google Home device, which I had to reset for it to work after setting up the router from scratch.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX4400 Wifi 6 Router - Connected without Internet
2024-05-28 20:32:08

@CoolbreezeOne 

Are you using DHCP? 

Is both of your WiFi ssids the same? If different, are the phones set up with both ssids?

Since it is select devices, try deleting (forget) the network on the device and reset it up.

If the phones are Apple, is Privite WiFi Address off for that network. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Tags

AX4400 Wi-fi 6 Router
Related Articles