This operation is not allowed for remote management! Why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-12 14:47:21
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553)

Hello.  I am logged in remotely via OVPN connection to my AX73 using a Web Browser from my laptop. I connect using the AX73's LAN IP Address.  I made some changes to the config and I wanted to backup the config but I get that infamous message that saving a backup is not allowed when connected remotely.  Why?  How do I go around this?  I am not returning to the site for another month.  I really want to get a backup of the config.  This is crazy!  Why allow remote management and make changes to the config BUT NOT allowing to take a backup????

Options
1 Reply
Re:This operation is not allowed for remote management! Why?
2024-03-12 16:04:23

TP-Link, please remove this restriction or give me a Superuser capability to be able to backup my config.  I have a site that only has sensors, controllers, cameras, etc. - no computer or Raspberry Pi in that site to connect to locally to be able to backup the config.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 368

Replies: 1

Related Articles