M9+ allowed unauthorized client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 20:09:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200921 Rel. 42500

I purchased a set of 2 M9+ brand new from amazon last december and have set up the mesh wifi properly. It's sitting behind my ISP modem/router. Things were working well until yesterday. I got a notification that a new device had joined the mesh network, but that was anyone in my household. I checked the MAC and sure enough it's not a MAC on my list (yes, I have a list of MAC for all my devices). My password setting is WPA2 personal, AES, and 30 characters long includes both upper/lower case letters, numbers and special character. About the only thing I can think of that reveals I own a Deco router is I had "Deco" in my SSID.

Anybody has heard/seen something similar?

As a precaution I have blocked that MAC, change SSID and password (it's now 40+ characters long). I have also tried hiding SSID but now reverted because some devices don't work with hidden ssid. This is the first time I see something like this. I am thinking to return the set.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9+ allowed unauthorized client
2021-01-13 21:37:12

@97itr217 

I haven't seen a case like this as blocking a MAC address is pretty straight forward if it doesn't match.

If it does happen I would reach out to our support team so data can be collected, more importantly, to see what connected. What ever the device was that connected will likely connect again if you change the router a hundred times.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Related Articles