Backhaul via a point-to-point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 21:44:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am having trouble with reliable coverage in my Deco M9 system (with X50 outdoors also) from house to workshop/office in a separate building.  I currently have a temporary 150 foot ethernet cable across the lawn to create backhaul.  Can this cable be replaced by a point-to-point/wireless bridge system like UeeVii and still get backhaul to keep my seamless Deco mesh coverage?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Backhaul via a point-to-point?
2023-09-20 22:34:54

@SOTAham,

Technically, you should have minimal issues doing this, but you should expect some sort of hit to your performance as a result.

The satellite Decos technically operate as a Client of the Main Node - so as long as your main node and satellite can see each other on the network they will be able to communicate. You may have to do some extra configuration for the ports that are used for the Deco's Backhaul connection so that they may properly communicate - this would just depend on the capabilities of your system.

My concern with this setup would be the time it takes for the communications to travel through P2P and The Deco backhauls combined, as i could see latency issues arising. Honestly, you may consider looking at burying your cable as the ethernet connections will always provide the simplest and best overall experience.

Options
Re:Backhaul via a point-to-point?
2023-09-20 22:48:54

@Riley_S Excellent, that's what I needed to know.  I will not risk latency and potential complexity.  I'll bury the cable.  

Thank you.

Options