XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working

XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working

32 Reply
Re:XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working - Deja Vu for replacement unit
a week ago

@SMRTech 

In answer to your question - no. I had the problem and tried many reboots - unplug and other things tech support suggested to fix the issue. Nothing worked.

They swapped out a replacement under warranty which included a newer firmware version which I presently have. It has been working well since received several months ago.

Options
Re:XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working - Deja Vu for replacement unit
a week ago

@SMRTech 

SMRTech wrote

Has anybody who had this issue ever found it to be fixable by and form of update, reboot, reset, etc. ?  Without swapping units?

I am think of getting a Wifi7 2 station unit and just use my working XE5300 units as an additional station.  

I am out of warranty and not willing to fiddle with this units any more, I have moved and swapped them enough and as I

said the unit I have now is a warranty replacement from having the problem on the original.  So going to buy something new.

They said they'd give me a discount if I give the Amazon link, which I did and they said I was showing them a refurb unit

on Amazon - which it is not and was from their store on Amazon.  So giving up on support, I just live with this for now.

But was curious if this problem ever got fixed without a replacement?

In answer to your question, no. Nothing except a replacement worked. I tried many reboots/unplug replug and other suggestions from tech support all which did not work. 

They finally sent me a replacement three pack that had newer firmware than the original. These have been working well without issue for the last several months. 

Options