Two devices cannot see each other on the same WiFi network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-09 16:46:52
Tags: #Help
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20160428 Rel. 57321(US)

I have multiple devices on my WiFi network. I want them to be able to access each other, for uses such as FTP servers, but they do not connect. It is very difficult to do anything with multiple devices together. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two devices cannot see each other on the same WiFi network.
2023-04-10 22:28:39

@bemwy,

Do you have more than one network device(router, AP, REs, Switches, or even VLANs) in your network? 

It is possible that the APs are isolating the traffic so that the devices cannot see each other.

First, Check to see if you can update the firmware of your device, as you look to be using an older firmware.

Are you able to ping the IP address of the server from the PC you are using? This would let us know if it can at least see the device/IP on the network.

I would try to also see if this extends to two wired devices seeing each other on the network.

Options