Deco Mesh blocks VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh blocks VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Mesh blocks VPN
Deco Mesh blocks VPN
2023-03-31 18:45:01
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

i just installed a set of 3 deco x20 but I can't connect to my work VPN (The work VPN works fine with other routers or other VPNs work fine with the deco connection (like NordVPN on my phone)).

I am experiencing the same unsolved issues described by @PedroAleixo in this closed tread:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/203410?sortDir=DESC

1) The problem happens every time I try to connect to the VPN

2) It happens on both the main Deco and or satellite one

3) Regular internet is resored on the PC as soon as my attempt to connect to the VPN terminates. I don't need to reset or restart WIFI or hardware.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh blocks VPN
2023-03-31 19:39:41
I found a temporary fix. I set my Guest Network to only use 2.5 GHz and I connected my work laptop to this network. Now the VPN seems to hold.
Options
Re:Deco Mesh blocks VPN
2023-04-03 19:13:17

@alexgromp,

Do you have a specific VPN that your work is using? I have come across a few different users with work VPNs, such as AnyConnect, which require specific ports to be opened for a connection to be established.

What is interesting is your Guest Network Fix:

For Deco Networks, the Guest Network is isolated from the devices on your own network. With the type of VPN connection you are using, I may be able to find specifics about the cause of the behavior.

When the disconnect occurs, what is the LED status of the Nodes, main and satellite?

Options