Access Point Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Point Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Point Settings
Access Point Settings
2023-01-24 20:52:12
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Changed to access point for my home network. Changed SSID and password to home wifi router setting and now I cannot get my wireless printer to work? What settings need to be changed to fix issue? Was I suppose to leave SSID as they were???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point Settings
2023-01-25 19:00:08

@Jeepin66,

It is only necessary to change the SSID if you would like your home network extended so that devices can easily connect between the two. Most users will choose to change the SSID to match their home network so there is no issue there.

To start off, Printers have always been a pain in the neck to get connected and have stay connected to wireless networks because of how finicky their hardware and firmware can be. I am led to believe that your printer is simply still trying to use older credentials from its time connected to the router, to try and connect to the Access Point, as it has the same name and is technically seen as the same network. If you have a screen or some way of managing the settings on the printer, try forgetting or disconnecting from the network, and then restarting the printer. This will most likely force the printer to reacquire the settings from the AP, rather than the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1

Related Articles