Problems with IPTV in Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 13:14:27
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Hi!

Installed a 3 node X50 Deco system in AP mode and connected to internet through the router supplied by my internet/tv supplier.
IPTV boxes connected via ethernet cables on each of the satellites.
After setup everything runs fine, and all nodes have a strong wifi-signal (according to the app)
IPTV works great as long as the boxes are active streaming. If I turn off the IPTV boxes for a few hours (like every night) they stop working. No errors reported except that no media streams are received. 
Rebooting the network resolves the issue until the next inactivity period of the IPTV boxes.

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems with IPTV in Deco mesh
2022-11-29 03:17:02

@Nidomlok 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a picture of your network layout, such as:

03d31dfd612548b08beda51fe5462b02

"If I turn off the IPTV boxes for a few hours (like every night) they stop working. No errors were reported except that no media streams are received.Rebooting the network resolves the issue until the next inactivity period of the IPTV boxes. "

Do you mean after turning off IPTV boxes, They stopped working after powering back? Rebooting the connected Deco would get the IPTV box working again?

Since there are 3*IPTV boxes, would you see the same issue on all of them?

Can I have the model number of the IPTV boxes?

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of the main router supplied by the internet/tv supplier?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-30 06:59:19

@David-TP 

The network layout is basically like the below picture (since it's a mesh network the topology occasionally changes so one of the satellites connect through the other satellite)
f30cef556309485ba81cf7d4913a4bd9

David-TP wrote

Do you mean after turning off IPTV boxes, They stopped working after powering back? Rebooting the connected Deco would get the IPTV box working again?

Exactly.

I only have 2 IPTV boxes, the model is Arris VIP1113L. They behave in the same way. The interruption of IPTV streaming happens on both boxes.

The "main" node is connected to a Technicolor TG799TSvn v2 router provided by the ISP (Telia in Sweden).

I tried to set up the main node as a router (removing the Technicolor router) and configure vlan for the IPTV. I were successful in getting it to work on one IPTV box but when I tried to get the other box to work both boxes stopped working. Eventually I were unable to configure any vlan settings in the app since It wouldn't let me save the changes ( I suspect the new version of the app contains numerous bugs)

Options
2022-12-01 03:39:53

@Nidomlok 

Hi, would there be any chance that you could record a video clip of the IPTV configuration process on the new APP 3.0.19?

And could you please also help me submit the APP log when the IPTV settings failed to be changed:How to submit Deco APP log

So far, you could only get one IPTV box working with satellite X50 when Deco X50 is on wireless router mode, right?

By the way, when Deco X50 is on AP mode with Technicolor, you mentioned "The interruption of IPTV streaming happens on both boxes", Did it happen to 2 Arris IPTV boxes at the same time, such as if only one box is turned off, after turning it on again, both boxes stopped working?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-04 15:13:55

@David-TP 
Thanks for your time.

The network are not in my house (it is in my parents) so testing or recording things require some planning.

My parents have decided to change their TV supplier and the new TV clients doesn't require the setup or usage of vlans so I wont' be able to investigate this issue any further.

Regards

Jonas

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1683

Replies: 4

Related Articles