Setting up Archer ax10 - cant connect to the internet, can anyone help to narrow down the issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up Archer ax10 - cant connect to the internet, can anyone help to narrow down the issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 20:50:18 - last edited 2021-07-15 20:52:44
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I've purchased this router recently and attempted to set it up according to the instructions. Straight of the bat I was met with a cold welcome as the router default SSID didnt seem to appear on any of my devices  (which have support and drivers capable of supporting wifi 6 ). Thankfully preforming factory reset solved this problem. Howevever it cant seem to connect to the internet from the modem as the Tether application diagnostic claims. One thing which concerns me is that internet LED is amber colored, while on diagrams its green. I've attempted to select different connection types as PPoE was selected by the app via autoconfigure detection but didnt seem to work, and neither did dynamic IP or static IP (both with default MAC and MAC of previous router). Sadly my ISP only provided the following: 

• An ip adress,
  • username,
  • password.

I cant lookup the configuration of the previous router as my ISP was very nice not to leave the local password from the moment it was setup.

I also suspect that connection type isnt dynamic IP as if i plug the twisted pair LAN cable from modem to my laptop (running lubuntu 20.04) it wont connect to the web.

The modem is Huawei (cant determine the model as the box only contains chineese writing)

What can be the recomendations?

Thanks in Advance...

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up Archer ax10 - cant connect to the internet, can anyone help to narrow down the issue?
2021-07-17 12:26:54

@FTN95_fanboy 

Several things to check....

• Be sure you are using a good Ethernet cable. I have seen reported that even a new cable failed.
  • Power off the modem, router and PC. Bring them up one at a time waiting for each to stabilize. Modem, then router, then PC.
  • Are you getting a WAN IP address? if not see https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/150603
  • If that does not help, let us know the name of the ISP as others may be able to help with specific WAN settings.

Options
Re:Setting up Archer ax10 - cant connect to the internet, can anyone help to narrow down the issue?
2021-07-17 15:55:32

@ArcherC8 

Thank you very much for that advice.

Some things i already attempted - while others I will as soon as i can.

One thing i can say for sure is the cable not faulty as i attempted to use the cable from previous router aside of the new one. 

I also ensured all the LED's on my modem indicate its ability to connect before plugging the modem and then after the modem indicates its status (all LED's green aside of the internet which is amber) i plug a fully booted PC with drivers installed and updated. My pc can see the LAN but don't get internet access. I will check the WAN IP it attempts to get after looking at how to do it since using ifconfig on my machine only returns the LAN parameters (or im using it wrong) - im fairly new to linux so kit will take a bit of research.

P.S.

My ISP is a polish company operating in Krakow (maybe somewhere else i don't really know) - it's called Sebit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1225

Replies: 2

Related Articles