Archer A7 Not Connecting to Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 01:45:12
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased the Archer A7 off Amazon and when I tried setting it up in the quick start through tplinkwifi.net I always got stopped during the quick setup when it tries to Save on the summary screen. It says Failed with a red frown face saying the internet connection is not set up. I am going with Dynamic IP which is from the auto-detect. On the modem both the 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz icons are lit up as well as the wifi one (but it is orange for slow speed). It is an ethernet I run from the wall and it works fine if I just run it straight to my device but not if I use the router first (because I can't set up the friggin wifi!). I've reset/restarted multiple times, tried different settings on the start-up but it still doesn't work. It has to be the router as it works if I just run straight ethernet.

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Not Connecting to Wifi
2020-08-25 15:28:52

@Otterblast 

Use this as a guide and reference to what your router is showing you to get your internet running: link

Please note if you connect to the router via Wi-Fi, and change the wireless network settings you will need to manually reconnect back. The browser you are currently doing the setup on will indicate there is no internet, but you may just be connected back to your main wireless network, and not the A7.

Options