AC5400X Randomly Drops Connection For A Brief Moment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 14:35:16
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956(5553)

Hey guys,

Tried searching the forum to see if I could find related threads, but no luck.

Long story short, I have random periods where I notice internet connectivity is not responding on my phone, etc. When I look over at my AC5400X, I notice that the light is briefly red. This occurs randomly, and sometimes won't occur for a week, and sometimes will occur multiple times a day. Unfortuantely, the system logs in the GUI doesn't seem to provide any details regarding this type of stuff. The modem itself (Netgear CM1200) appears to be fine during this time as well.

Is there a known issue with this router or firmware that I am unaware of? Is there any type of advanced logging that I can enable to look into what the issue is?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC5400X Randomly Drops Connection For A Brief Moment
2020-07-14 22:40:33

@tjohnson 

The LED light turning amber is likely the internet light. So during that time the router is no longer getting internet. If the LED stays lit then the router sees a connection, but no internet. 

You can try swapping the Ethernet cable to see if that may be causing it. 

Since you have a cable modem, log into it and look at the system logs. If there are critical 3 errors or critical 4, contact your ISP. Your internet signal is not stable which can cause random internet drops.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 1

Related Articles