Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental Controls
Parental Controls
2020-05-29 03:57:06
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel.39265n

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to work with the Parental Controls on the Archer C7 v2.  I have multiple devices in the house, but only 2 devices that my kids use that I need to block.  I would normally do it on their devices, but I can't control their school accounts, so I can't restrict their content when they're logged in on their school accounts.  I have a few questions:

1 - Is it possible to have more than 4 parental devices? If so, how?

2 - If not, how can I setup a device rule to allow all web traffic?

As a test I set up 4 of the most used devices as parental devices and then set up rules for access:

3 - When I turn on the parental controls, my kids' devices lose all access, even to the domains I added on the whitelist, what could be the cause?

I could go the Access Control route & set up multiple deny rules, but with that list being limited to 4 domains per target list, I would have to set up a long list of rules/keywords if I want to block everything but learning content.

I appreciate all helpful thoughts & suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Controls
2020-06-01 17:56:23

@ZetaRevan 

The parental controls could only block sites that are based on HTTP and not HTTPS. Most sites now are HTTPS based so I am not sure if it will block sites you are looking to block.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 1

Related Articles