C3200 fails to connect to security companies server. They blame small UDP datagrams corruption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C3200 fails to connect to security companies server. They blame small UDP datagrams corruption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-17 21:02:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Everything was working until I decided to upgrade to the c3200. After replacing my old router, everything still works except my security system will no longer connect with the companies servers. Communications work fine locally. The security company blames the problem on the new c3200. Here is their comment. ........

TP-LINK has a long-standing problem relating to an old version of Linux they use in their routers. This affects about 5 different models. The exact issue is that small UDP datagrams, like the encrytped Envisalink Event Packets, get their checksums corrupted by the router and dropped by subsequent network equipment. The Envisalerts firewall and load balancing servers drop all improperly formatted packets just like any other public service would.

It looks like we had a few customers with this issue back in 2015 and they went as far as getting TP-Link to investigate. They found that there was a bug in that release of firmware but due to the age of the devices they were not going to do anything about it.

So it seems that your answer is to return the router and buy something else. I know that might sound like passing the buck but it is the truth.

Are they correct? Is the only fix is to replace it with a nonTP-LINK?
Options
1 Reply
Re:C3200 fails to connect to security companies server. They blame small UDP datagrams corruption
2017-12-18 18:02:06
I have not faced this issue, so I don't know how to help you.
You would better contact TP-Link technical support via mail.
Options